CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Today's English - Types of Adjectives


If you've been reading my blog
since early this month,
you'll notice that I've shared
something about Adjectives
from the Part of Speech

:Link:
Today's English - Adjectives
Today's English - Part of Speech & English Tenses

So today I'll be talking about
the types of Adjectives.
It's just to freshen up my memory
regarding Adjectives.

There are few types of Adjectives:

1. Descriptive Adjective
- adds detail or description to the noun
Example: The man is tall
Example: The doctor said it was a difficult surgery

2. Limiting Adjective
- to specify the noun
Example: That is the captain's table
Example: The two bags were sold out

3. Predicate Adjective (special type)
- follows a linking verb and
modifies (directly refers to) the subject
Example: People are interested in this game
Example: She is very careful

4. Verbals as Adjectives
There are two types:
1) Participles (end with EN, ED or ING)
2)Infinitives (TO+VERB)
Example: He is sure playing it tough
Example: It is an interesting movie to watch

5. Degrees of Adjectives
- used to indicate levels,
degrees of intensity or comparison
Example:
Funny = base
Funnier = comparative
Funniest = superlative

:Click To Go To Source:

Although my information is based
on the source above,
I simplified it to make it
easier to understand.

I hope I've been of help :D

Thank You For Reading!
*bows*

0 cups: