CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 25, 2010

25th of October, 2010 - Gestalt Theory

ADD 105
Visual Communication in Design

I know I know I'm suppose to be
doing my assignment.
However, one of my assignment
is about Gestalt Theory.
So I thought I might do
a little bit of warming up
before I start my assignment.

Gestalt Theory/Principles
is divided into 5 groups:
1. Proximity
2. Similarity
3. Closure
4. Continuity
5. Figure & Ground



The Rule of Proximity:
Applies to how elements of
a piece are grouped based on their
proximity or closeness.



The Rule of Similarity:
Applies to items that are
similar in some respect.



The Rule of Closure:
Items grouped together
to complete an entity
or are seen as a whole.
Usually used to create
a company logo.



The Rule of Continuity (Simplicity):
This is the use of organizing
things into simple designs by
the way their symmetry,
regularity, and texture.
Remember when we were young
and you got in trouble with
the teacher and she made you
write sentences?
and you had to write
the same sentences over
and over until your hand felt
like their falling apart?
It's the same thing :D
only that it's less pain
and more fun.



The Rule of Figure/Ground:
This rule lets the mind fill in
the blanks more or less.
It can also be the concept of
looking at a picture that
has two optical illusions.

That's All For Now!
Thank You For Reading!
*bows*

0 cups: