CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Today's Class: Chapter 1 - Principle of Visual Communication

ADD 105
Visual Communication in Design

Date:
6th of October, 2010

Today's class teaches us
about the first chapter in
Visual Communication in Design
which is Chapter 1
Principle of Visual Communication.

There are four topics in this chapter:
1. What is Visual Communication
2. Visual Hierarchy
3. Principle of Visual Communication
4. Design Organization

Of course I won't be going through
everything with you all
because that would seem
really boring and it would be
really really long.
So I will just tell you
what caught my interest.

Actually all the topics caught my interest
but what made me focus more
was topic number 2
Visual Hierarchy

Visual Hierarchy is used in design
to help the viewer process information.
Visual Hierarchy is the order or sequence
that most people will see and identify objects
(first, second, third, fourth, etc)
People focus their eye's on things
that stand out, such as a bright red stop sign, first.
Later they look at things that are smaller
or less noticeable, such as the leaves on the sidewalk.
Objects the eye sees first and the mind perceives
are considered to be high on the visual hierarchy

What it actually mean is that
the top most of the
visual hierarchy
is what we see first.
Such as the front cover of our text book
the first thing that we'll notice is the picture on
the second thing is the big title on the text book
the third (also the last) is the small letters.
That is how the human mind works
where we're more interested in images
and something that strikes out.

Another example is
when you visit my blog :D
the first thing you'll notice is
the humongous edited picture (by me)
that says 'Irasshaimase to Francess' blog'
Then as you scroll down
you'll read the content of my blog
which is at the left side of this blog
where I post my blogs and stuff.
Next you'll notice the right side of my blog
where I put information about myself.
This is what the note meant by
" Visual Hierarchy is the order or sequence
that most people will see and identify objects "

If you still don't understand
then I shall put it in the simplest way I can.
Visual Hierarchy is something like
observing something from afar
and slowly you observe it closer and closer
until you reach the point where you can't get any closer
which of course you only need your eyes in this experiment.

So that's all for now :D

Domo Arigato-gozaimasu
*bows*

1 cups:

how-to-find-jobs.org said...

Visual communication is the conveyance of ideas and information in forms that can be read or looked upon. Primarily associated with two-dimensional images, it includes: art, signs, photography, typography, drawing, graphic design, illustration, color and electronic resources.