CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 23, 2010

22nd of October, 2010 - Green World Work II + 2 New Classes

Cosmopoint International College of Technology,
Wisma Times, Inanam, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah


So first I'll be talking about
our 2 new (but actually was delayed) classes.
There are:

ADA 103
Principle of Architecture & Design
on Fridays at 9am-11am

ADA 123
History & Theory of Architecture I
on Saturdays at 9am-11am

Everyone (in my field)
was making a fuss on this classes
especially the one that's on Saturdays.
I didn't really care about their complains
because I have no problems having classes
on Saturdays since I'm used to it
since my former secondary student life routine
was much more hectic than this.
I guess there's an advantage for me there XD

and Yay!
now we have 5 classes instead of
3 classes with 2 classes delayed XD
Both of the classes are taught by
Sir Raed M. A. Elottol
who is a lecturer from KLMU
and he originated from Palestine.
He told us that he is still
looking for qualified local lecturers
to teach us this subjects.
From his explanation,
it seems that he's pretty strict
with the interview and said it was
tough to find local lecturers that could teach us.
...sigh...it's so sad for us...
but I love the way he teaches us :D
it's really affective and easy to understand
although some of them
we sort of already learned them
in Visual Communication in Design
and we have no idea why we're taking
these two subject that talks about
almost the same thing.
But I guess it's to strengthen
our knowledge on that particular content
so that we're able to use it in the later future
*shrugs*

I don't really mind coming to these classes
since it's really interesting
and I do it for my GPA pointer :D

So for our first class of
Principle of Architecture & Design class
we learned about the basic things
in Architecture & Design
Which is the Rules of Architecture
and the 4 Basic Elements

Rules of Architecture
can go up to 1000 rules or more.
But for our class, our lecturer
gave us 5 rules to memorize.

:1st Rule:
Nothing is beautiful
and not beautiful

:2nd Rule:
Points must attract

:3rd Rule:
Entrance must be different

:4th Rule:
Design must reflect function

:5th Rule:
Designers must consider
the visual weight of the object

Sorry but no explanation
for this because I think
I'm violating the rights of sharing this info.
How I wish I'm being paid for this.

So the 4 Basic Elements
What are they?

1. Point
-It marks a position in space
-Small object can be seen as a point
-It needs some dimension
to attract attention

2. Line
-It extends a point
or others/edges in one

3. Plane
-Extension of one or more line

4. Volume
-It is a 3D extension of a 2D plane

Then bla bla bla
laughed here and there
was amazed by the presentation
bla bla bla we exchanged our emails
with Sir Raed and bla bla
end of class XD

Next class was
ADA 101
Design Communication 1
We had a 3 hours break
so I used that time to finish up
my Green World assignment
but it wasn't finish even after
30 minutes of class.
When it was finally done,
I was like "Wohoo!"
with both hands raised high :D

So this is the result:
I was kind of surprised
when I took a photo of this artwork of mine
with my camera, because I just LOVE
the water effects!
(which I made solely with poster colour)

Before I took the photo
to me I thought my artwork
was lame and boring.
hahahahahhaha
Guess I was wrong eh?

Still remember about my last post?
It's the same thing
only that it's done.

(based on my last post)
This was before it's done:

Although I received a lot of
compliments from my classmates
but Sir Kennedy said that
the method that I used
was wrong.

He said it was okay
only that the problem
was the hatching on the
poster colour,
which is sort of not allowed :P
He told me if I want
to make it look darker,
I should have used a darker tone,
which....I....forgot....harharhar...

"Wear Your Seat Belt" campaign

I guess that's all for now
Oh! FYI the photo of me is just for fun
because I was bored when I was stuck in the jam
hahahahahahahaha XD nice eh?
harharhar~

Thank You For Reading!
*bows*

0 cups: