CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 1, 2010

1st of November, 2010 - How To Draw Water & It's Reflection


ADA 101
Design Communication I

First of all
IT'S NOVEMBER!!!!!
Another month and 29 days
and it will be 2011!
...Wow...

Anyhow
I know most people
find it difficult to draw or sketch
water and reflections
including me as well.

The last 2 weeks
we were taught on how
to draw water & reflections
+Click Any Photo To Enlarge It+

I didn't really get it at first
but I tried to understand
by looking at the pictures given

+1st photo+

+2nd photo+

As what is shown above
when drawing a view
the water seems to be reflecting
anything above the eye level

Although we can indicate that
the eye level is the straight line
that we see on the photo
but actually it's NOT
The eye level is slightly
above the 'line'
which is why there's a missing
hill on the water's reflection
in the 1st photo.

Same goes to
when you're sketching a
short-distance view

You can see the reflections on the water
in these artworks.

:IMPORTANT:
However, do remember that
the water has to be drawn
flat and still when it
comes to drawing reflections.

-----------------------------------------------

I haven't really tried to apply
this technique in my drawings yet.
If I do, I'll surely show it in my blog.

For those taking Design Communication I
and those who are going to take this subject
this is a good place for you to
refresh, learn and understand
before taking the subject.
For those who are taking it now
(which is mostly my classmates)
STUDY NOW!!!
Peace :D

Thank You For Reading!
I Hope I Was Of Help!
*bows*

0 cups: