CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

3rd of November, 2010 - Typography & Layout [Chapter 4]

ADD 105
Visual Communication in Design

Today's class we learned
about Typography & Layout
which is on Chapter 4
of this subject.

Designed Typography
is a combination of
font, size, spacing and colour
to create or form a new design
of typography.

Whereas,

Typography
is the art & technique of arranging types,
type designs, and modifying type glyphs.

Arranging type involves:
Changing point size, leading, width,
letter-spacing and kerning

Type Design
is the art of designing Typefaces

Typefaces
are a created set of characters of
a single size and style
such as Verdana, Arial and Bodoni.

Fonts
are specific style and sized of a typeface

EXAMPLE:
Myriad Pro - a typeface
Myriad Pro Semibold Italic 24 pts - a font

because it specifies the size and styling of that particular typeface

---------------------------------------------------

I know I know
there are a lot of terms
given to us and it is no wonder
my mind was blank when
I was recalling the lesson before
hahahahahaha

But guess what,
the interesting part is the
Character Anatomy!

CLICK THE PHOTO TO ENLARGE



I feel like I'm learning Biology again (@_@)
only that this time it's about letters
in a particular typeface.
I didn't know there are so many

Well, I guess I'll take my rest now
after a day of class
with the sun shining
oh so brightly in the sky

P.S.
I HATE THE HEAT!!!


Thank You For Reading!
I Hope My Notes Helped!
*bows*

0 cups: