CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 2, 2011

2nd of January, 2010 - The Time of The Month + Study

Yesh it's finally the time of the month
It's surprising actually to be having it
right after 1.1.11 XD hahahhaa
no wonder I was sick


It's a Sunday today
and I was suppose to go to church
but I couldn't because my body
was too weak to do so since
I'm still currently sick.
Plus I have to study
for tomorrow's English exams.

So this is what's on
tomorrow's paper.
[based on Miss Freda's blog]
----------------------------------------------------------
Section A:
- Reading Comprehension
- Multiple Choice Questions

Section B:
1) Adjectives & Adverbs - Part of Speech
2) Present Continuous /Progressive Tense
3) Conditional Sentences with Verbs

Section C:
~ If I am the Chief Minister of my state, I will…
~ We were lost in the middle of the rainforest. Our guide...
~ Going green.
-----------------------------------------------------------

I don't really have to
explain about Section A
since it's all based on the text content

However, on Section B
Adjectives & Adverbs
Adjectives modifies nouns
while Adverbs (normally) modifies
verbs, adjectives and other adverbs

Examples for Adjectives:
Vivian is a generous person - Single
Vivian is a person of great generosity - Pharse
Vivian is a person who is generous - Clause

Examples for Adverbs:
Vivian is a very generous person
Brenda sings beautifully
Brenda sings really beautifully

Present Continuous Tense
Basically
Subject + Auxiliary Verb + Verb-ing

Examples:
I am eating
She is sleeping
You are working

For More Information
Click Here


Conditional Sentences with Verbs
I solely studied on Miss Freda's post
on this topic and it's basically
all the 'If's a.k.a. strong predictions
Link Reference

Examples:
Conditional Clause: Present Perfect
Result Clause: will
=If countries do not conserve their resources,
they will regret it later.

Conditional Clause: Present Continuous
Result Clause: will
=If Andreas is telephoning me right now,
he will get a busy signal.

Conditional Clause:
It can be in
Present & Past Tense

Result Clause can vary:
will, can, should, could, may, might,
must, would, 'go to see', etc.

As for Section C
I would pick the last choice
which is 'Going Green' Essay
because it's easy
and it saves you a lot of time
from thinking of what to write
and plus you can get great marks
if you do the essay well (n_n)

Going Green
Miss Freda posted up a lot
of points for this essay
and I know that she actually
just copy and paste it from a website
because I happen to see the same thing
in a particular website XD hahahaha
Just Click Here

My points will be:
1.Compact Fluorescent Light (CFL) Bulbs
If every Americans were to replace
just one of their light bulb to CFL bulb in their house,
we would have saved enough energy to light
3 million homes for a year, save about 600 million
dollars in annual energy cost, and prevent
9 billion pounds of greenhouse gas emission per year,
equivalent to those from about
800,000 cars.

This is because CFL:
-can save more than 40 dollars
in electricity costs over its lifetime
-uses about 75% less energy than standard
incandescent bulbs and lasts up to
10 times longer
-produces about 75% less heat,
so it's safer to operate and
can cut energy costs
associated with home cooling

2.Reusable Water Bottle
A lot of people are mentioning about reusable
water bottles recently.
In the last several years,
it becomes extremely common to drink
bottled water but bottled water
comes with it's own share of problems.
After all, a lot of bottles are used to
contain it, and only two out of ten are
ever recycled, the rest end up in landfills
or on the side of the road.

-If everyone in the US switched to
using reusable bottles, it's been
estimated that consumers would save
7 billion dollars a year.
-does not leak carcinogens like
other disposable water bottles does
-easy to clean/can be rinsed out
after each use or soaked in hot, soapy water.
They can also be thoroughly cleaned
by simply using baking soda.
-To keep bacteria from building up
the bottle, store it in the freezer.

3.Turn Off The Lights When Not In Use
Turning off lights in unoccupied rooms is a simple
and effective energy saving strategy.
It can be done manually, requiring no
financial investment or equipment
or it can be managed with sensors
and timers to make sure no one forgets.
The savings can be significant, especially
if you're lighting areas that are
only in use for brief periods each day
such as the storeroom.

-manually turning off lights is free,
requires only a little time and energy
-reduces bill payments (electricity bills)
-reduces lamp replacement cost

4.Pay Bills Online
Paying bills online not only saves
you time, but also helps you save the planet.
With just a few clicks of your mouse,
you can fulfill your monthly
requirements, set up automatic
payments, and help mother earth
by reducing the amount of paper
being used for monthly statements
if you opt to have your bills delivered
to your email inbox, instead of your mailbox

-saves time
-saves trees
-reduces CO2 emission
-reduces the usage of petroleum fuel
saves money
saves energy

--------------------------------------------------

So there you are
my elaboration and expectation
for tomorrow's exams.
All of these are my personal notes
and heck yeah why not share it?
Since some of our points
are going to be the same anyway
(>w>)

Aside from all these,
I personally don't feel the New Year
like I always do on every
New Year D:
Maybe it's because
It's not the holidays yet for me
and I still have work to do
and a whole lot of stuff
to do even after the exams
like going out with friends
and read all the mangas
and watch all the animes
that I've missed (>w>)
Hell yeah I'm still me
who loves anime XD hahahaha

But my holiday
will only be a week I heard
(=w=)

I don't really wanna complain
since it's still consider holiday
because I get to taste freedom
for a week XD hahahahahha
1 month would be
probably a bit too long
because if it would have been 1 month
I would have forgotten all my notes
and would have to revise everything again
from start.
and besides, I'm well aware that
the course that I'm taking is a bit short
which is 2 years and a half
Normally, diploma courses
will go up to 3-5 years.
but I guess the other half
is the holidays which they cut
and now we don't have much holiday
muahahahahahahha
...sigh...

That's All For Now!
Thank You For Reading!
*bows*

0 cups: