CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 31, 2012

31st of March, 2012 - Studio Gibli: Ocean Waves & Porco Rosso


Somehow I feel like I've been
watching too many anime this midterm break.
But it can't be helped since I have no
other time (besides the weekend) to
watch the animes that's been stored
in the files for way too long.

So a few hours ago I finished watching
a Studio Gibli movie: Ocean Waves
or I Can Hear The Sea
It's not really a popular one
but it's one of the collections.

The story is basically about
a love triangle (says wiki)
It does look like it
but it didn't feel like it
since the two best friends
didn't really fight over the girl
instead they kept on
talking to each other about her.

------------

1st Guy: Taku
A top student in Jr High
but his grades drop at High school
He met Yutaka at a meeting room
in the art class concerning
about the cancellation
of their Jr High trip.

2nd Guy: Yutaka
A student council student.
Wears glasses.
Rikako first transferred into his class
and he showed her around school.
He's in love with her
but got rejected.
Oh and I love his character's voice

Girl: Rikako
A transferred student from Tokyo.
I hate her personality
I don't really know why guys
would fall for her,
maybe that's why all the female students
hate her and isolated her.
She's a bitch who uses others
but ends up liking Taku.

------------

I basically hate the girl for
using Taku as an excuse to meet
her father in Tokyo.
I hate her for rejecting such
a nice guy like Yutaka.
I hate her for causing
such a rumour about Taku and her.
I hate such kids.
I hate kids blah (=w=)

Throughout the movie I was like
"Taku!! Why are you being so nice to her
when you know she's just using you!

but I guess you're a good person

but still you're too good yet so dumb!
"

And no matter how much I try
I can't seem to see how the title
would relate to the story.
Yes the story never really set
a plot by the ocean or beach,
so there must be some kind
of a concept to it right?
But what?!
I think I'm going insane.

I heard it's been made by a younger
staff in studio gibli so maybe
that's the reason why? blehh. .

-------------------


So here's another one of
Studio Gibli's movie
Porco Rosso
which I watched before
Ocean Waves

It's a good movie but I'm unsatisfied
when they didn't explain how
he ended up being a pig.
He was a human at first
and he goes by the name Marco,
he was cursed and so he
turned into a pig.
He continued his life being a pilot
working as a bounty hunter
catching air pirates.
Porco Rosso is his name
that he's famous for and he'd
be in the headlines in newspapers.

During his fight with an American pilot
which the pirates hired,
his airplane got beaten up pretty
badly and he had to fly to Milan
to get it repair. But he encountered
the American again and his airplane
came crashing down an uninhabited island.
He somehow managed to go to Milan
and he contacted his old friend
who is an engineer which designed
his airplane. His friend's granddaughter
offered to re-designed Marco's airplane
and it was successful.
However, when they had to launched,
they were attacked by spies.
But Marco and the girl made
it to his hideout
where the pirates were waiting for him
to appear for revenge.

It's quite an interesting story
and the pirates really have a good side.
It reminded me of a phrase
"When pigs fly"
which means "never"

But this pig has a charm of his own
being so cool yet so pig-ish

That's All For Now!
~Off to watch more~

0 cups: