CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

+Park Min Young+

I was just browsing through Korean actresses
and suddenly I found this beautiful photo
A contemporary makeup featuring
a natural look.

Before I encountered this photo
I was searching for information regarding
an architectural style - Brutalism
I think I might be falling in love with it
after gazing through some photos





The Bauhaus architect Le Corbusier
used the French phrase
béton brut, or raw concrete,
to describe the construction of his
rough, concrete buildings.
Brutalism grew out of the Bauhaus Movement
and the béton brut buildings by
Le Corbusier and his followers.

Heavy and angular,
Brutalist buildings can be constructed
quickly and economically.

Common features are:

1. Precast concrete slabs
2. Rough, unfinished surfaces
3. Exposed steel beams
4. Massive, sculptural shapes

+Reference+


In my opinion, Brutalism is
all about being true to the material.
Exposing raw concrete instead of
colouring it with paint or using other finishes.
It's like when everyone's home is
standardized with a certain colour of paint.
And so an architect said
"Why should we colour the concrete?"
other questions are like
"Why can't we leave it bare
revealing it's purest nature?"
Thus, brutalist architects arose
and the style still lives until today

But we have yet to see such style here in town
urgh. . I'd wish I can see one around here

-------------

That's it for the day
and with that I'd like to end it with
a recent song that I've found out
It's one of my favourite



Wolf's Rain - Strangers

We've found a kind of paradise
in a flowers bloom
We've seen the end of a mystic land
so close it meets the parting sun.
We've shared the thoughts that two could share,
we feel the truth, magic that we send...
Searching for something new
Isle of Gold in flowers bloom

We've heard a kind of paradise
beyond the desert's dunes
We've walked the earth in solitude,
so cold we need the warmth of sun.
We've lived the life that we could live,
we see the truth magic that begins...
Searching for something new
Isle of Gold in flowers bloom

We've found a kind of paradise,
below a sky so new.
We've weaved a web of mystery so wide,
we need the light of day.
We've worn the cloak of secret lives,
we've seen the truth, magic that we send...
Searching for something new
Isle of Gold in flowers bloom

So when will it end?
So when, when will we meet, my friend?

0 cups: